Friday, March 12, 2010

Beware of rojectile thermometers

Such is the life of a new parent... and many of you know where a thermometer goes in a baby if you want an accurate reading & can imagine the assplosion that resulted in the projectile thermometer. I'm pretty sure her temp was ok, and the mess wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been!
In cleaner news, our good friend who's been teaching English in Korea for couple years or so (I'm not sure exactly when he left...) is back & stopped by for an impromptu visit yesterday. I've never seen someone so nervous about holding a baby! He said "It's like learning a foreign language, except someone could DIE!" I tried to reassure him that I was not concerned for my daughter's life in his hands, but it was hard not to laugh. I think I'll share our "Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD with him. Maybe he'll feel a little more confident with some soothing techniques. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment