Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some more recent creations

Here are some recent creations that have already sold or been gifted. They all feature awareness ribbon charms & were each accompanied by a donation made to an appropriate organization for what the ribbon color represents. I used this website for color reference: http://www.trinitylondon.com/awareness-ribbon-meanings.asp
Pearl bracelet (with real pearls!) made for my mother-in-law with a donation to be made to the local multiple sclerosis society in honor of her sister-in-law.
This was the first awareness ribbon bracelet I made & put up for sale. Grey stands for asthma awareness. It can stand for other things, but I listed it for asthma b/c I've suffered with asthma myself. My cousin, whose littlest (3 years old!) has been suffering with really bad asthma & allergy attacks lately, bought it & requested I make a similar one for her friend. I couldn't find the same grey beads & her friend preferred something more rounded so I found the beads seen in the next picture!
Asthma awareness bracelet made for my cousin's friend whose husband suffers with asthma. Modeled by me. ;)
Both asthma awareness bracelets together. A donation was made to the American Lung Association for them both.
Alzheimer's awareness bracelet & earrings I made for my mom's birthday accompanied by a donation in memory of her mom to the Alzheimer's Association. <3

After a shopping trip today, I'll be making a pink ribbon breast cancer awareness bracelet for my mother-in-law's cousin-in-law (anyone else confused by these relationships?) or maybe multiple bracelets for her whole team in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Do you donate the cost of the bracelet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/2 of it. I still gotta cover my materials until I get enough business that other sales could make up for it. :/

      Delete